Protection: LEATT NECK BRACE GPX 4.5 Black
Entry level high performance off-road neck brace from the biomedical engineers and medical staff of the Leatt® research lab. The 4.5 is the Leatt® entry level commitment to safety.
The core of what makes our neck braces work is the function of directing the crash forces from your helmet to the body and bypassing the neck - Alternative Load Path Technology - ALPT®. For the ALPT® to work at its best, optimal neck braces to body fit is key. The adjustability built into all Leatt® neck braces is not just for comfort, but to ensure a correct fit that assists in optimizing ALPT effectiveness. To further optimize the fit, the comfortable CoreFlex rear thoracic strut has an exclusive feature that allows it to be adjusted in 4 angles.
The semi-rigid chassis is adjustable enough to fit most riders’ body shape while the structure remains very rigid to help transmit energy during an impact. Remember that a rigid construction is key for reducing neck forces. A brace that’s soft or gives way would drastically reduce the function or even increase neck force over time. Multiple engineered fracture points and crumple zones will bend or break away at pre-determined stress levels to help contribute to a riders’ safety.
Entry level high performance off-road neck brace!
- CE tested and certified as Personal Protective Equipment 89/686/EEC
- Engineered and lab proven by a medical doctor and Bio Medical engineers and trusted by some of the fastest off-road racers in the world
- Chassis made of fiberglass reinforced polyamide
- 4.5 helmet rim striking platform design for a biomedical balanced head and helmet freedom of motion.
- 2-way adjustability
- 3 angle rear thoracic strut adjustments to fit most body shapes
- Sculptured, split front for improved comfort and fit
- CoreFlex split rear thoracic strut is more comfortable and designed to work with the body’s natural movements
- Thoracic rear strut is engineered to snap off before applying excessive pressure to the back
- Engineered collarbone cut-out to help keep your helmet and brace away from your most fragile bones
- Injected, durable, easy to clean foam padding
- Air flow ribbed body padding for optimum ventilation
- Folding rear thoracic strut for easier packing
- Free, optional, clear chest strap included
- Weight: 700g – 1.5 lbs